A fantastic Aviation Safety and Security Engineer position has arisen within a company who supply defence managed services and cutting-edge mission systems for both airborne and land applications working closely with the British Army, Royal Navy and the Royal Marines.
SALARY: £40,000 -£50,000 basic plus holiday, medical insurance, dental insurance, business travel insurance and company pension
LOCATION: Working from the office in East Midlands with the occasional site visits within the UK – full UK driving licence is essential.
Your day-to-day duties and responsibilities as an Aviation Safety and Security Engineer working will include:
- Conducting safety and security-risk analysis on company-designed mission support systems including mission planning systems and tablet-based obstacle warning, navigation and electronic flight bag products
- Producing system security analysis reports and safety assessment reports
- Producing system safety analysis reports and risk management and accreditation document sets
- Supporting the on-going maintenance, control and configuration management of all documentation and records relating to the mission systems safety management system
- Undertaking department project activities
- Support mission systems goals and activities
For this position as an Aviation Safety and Security Engineer you must have a degree in either safety, systems, electronic or software engineering.
It is essential you have the following criteria:
- Up-to-date knowledge of UK safety legislation
- Knowledge and experience of MAA regulatory publications
- Knowledge and experience working in the defence domain ideally aviation
- Knowledge and experience of demonstrating functional safety with air platforms and support systems and associated products
- Knowledge and experience in hazard log development and management using appropriate support applications such as DOORS
- An understanding of the impact of security to system architecture
- Knowledge and experience of producing system safety assessment reports using appropriate support applications such as Adelarde
- Knowledge and experience of stakeholder management within the defence domain
For this role you must be motivated by the challenge of analysing complex systems in order to identify and control risks in these areas. You must be pro-active, flexible and a confident individual with excellent attention to detail and the discipline to consistently produce high-quality output. You will also have an inquisitive/analytical mind able to research issues independently and suggest pragmatic, business focused solutions and have the desire to develop within the business.
Contact: In the first instance please send your CV to Matt Hart
ELIGIBILITY: All vacancies advertised are based in the UK. It is unlawful to employ a person who does not have permission to live and work in the UK and we will therefore only consider applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the EU.
Accord Management Services are UK based Recruitment specialists, placing experienced professionals across all industry sectors.
The services Accord provides are those of an employment agency.