Field Service Engineer, 18th Edition Electrical, Plumbing
Specialist Green Systems for buildings
£24,300 - £32,500 basic, overtime, company vehicle, green product, full expense account, training growth.
West London, Middlesex, Berkshire, Surrey, London, Slough, Maidenhead, Harrow, Twickenham
To be suitable for this post you must have City &Guilds 2382/2391, 18th Edition Electrical, some experience of plumbing, piping and pumps, full drivers’ licence, currently be in a field based servicing role. You need to be looking for a post with good future growth.
Do you want to learn something new? Do you want to get involved in a green industry with an established market leader that is growing fast? Are you fed up with the same old routine? Need a fresh start, fresh new industry with the chance to shine?
This could be the opportunity to change your career onto a fresh and new track, the company is a well-established innovator, they invented, developed and refined most of the technology used in the industry today. The kit is green technology installed into a wide range of new developments including a large London museum, town halls, schools, universities, libraries, offices, retail, new sustainable residential developments, its starting to become a standard on new developments, easily retro fitted to existing buildings and incorporated into refurbishments .
Your role will be extremely with no two days being the same however it will include –
- Site surveys, looking at the feasibility of the project, access to the site, utilities already in place etc. this may be on a brand new site, brown field site or an existing building.
- Commissioning, all the larger parts of the system will be installed by specialists, your role is to inspect, approve and connect the systems up, simple system are mechanical electrical, however, complex systems will include integrating computerised automation.
- Maintenance, including electrical safety inspections, consumable replacements, visual inspections, cleaning, upgrading.
- Breakdown repairs and fault finding, most of the equipment has been in the market for some time so most faults have been encountered and retrospectively re-engineered, however, there is new kit coming out on a regular basis that will tax your fault finding abilities, including mechanical, electrical, electronic, software etc.
- Customer service, you will become an expert in the product (with extensive training) so you will get involved in helping clients with the design of their systems, looking at systems that are not performing to expected levels, correcting any systems that have problems, assessing new product as it hits the market, reliability engineering and reporting, potential presentations and assisting the sales team on major contracts.
The role is fast moving, interesting and different, they will put a lot of time into training you and mentoring, however, you MUST have 18th edition electrical, some experience with plumbing / pipework, motivated, confident with a full driver’s licence.
Contact: In the first instance please send your CV to Derrick Armstrong
All vacancies advertised are based in the UK. It is unlawful to employ a person who does not have permission to live and work in the UK and we will therefore only consider applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the EU.
Accord Management Services are UK based Recruitment specialists, placing experienced professionals across all industry sectors.
The services Accord provides are those of an employment agency.