A great opportunity as a Maintenance Engineer has arisen within a company who are a well-established manufacturer of lightweight components and systems for many automobile manufacturers across the world.
SALARY: £29,725 - £37,125 basic plus overtime, holiday, life insurance, cycle to work scheme, pension, up to date modern plant
LOCATION: Working from a modern up to date plant near West Yorkshire reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor. There are 3 shift patterns and hours vary, call-outs are currently 1 in 4.
Your day-to-day duties and responsibilities as a Maintenance Engineer will include but not limited to:
- Maintaining a safe working environment following procedures such as risk assessments plus carrying out audits and recommend improvements
- Carry out planned and reactive maintenance in a timely manner, logging work carried out, time required, spare parts and consumables as well as maintaining stock levels
- Provide a fast response to emergencies diagnosing faults both electrically and mechanically
- Provide support to project teams and continuous improvement activities implementing changes to equipment
- Support in wiring and machine upgrades, new installations and disposing obsolete parts
- Work flexible hours and carry out additional duties as required to support the maintenance team
- Working closely with outside contractors and suppliers
For this role you as a Maintenance Engineer it is essential you have the following:
- Strong engineering background in the Automotive industry
- Competent in electrical and mechanical fault-finding including PLC systems, DC drives, inverter controls, safety control systems and gas systems
- Knowledge and experience in fitting bearings, pulleys, chains, tracks, transport belts and sensors
- Comprehensive understanding of equipment including electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic systems and their limitations
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to use lathes, milling machines, drills and welding equipment
- Welding (MIG/TIG/Stick)
- BTech/ONC/OND or HND in either Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
It is advantageous if you have the following:
- Knowledge of burners and boilers
- First aid certification
- FLT license
- Cherry picker license
- MEWP license
Contact: In the first instance please send your CV to Matt Hart
ELIGIBILITY: All vacancies advertised are based in the UK. It is unlawful to employ a person who does not have permission to live and work in the UK and we will therefore only consider applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the EU.
Accord Management Services are UK based Recruitment specialists, placing experienced professionals across all industry sectors.
The services Accord provides are those of an employment agency.