POSITION: Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical Electrical, Plant Engineer
SALARY: £22,000 - £33,000 basic plus overtime, training, call out, very good prospects
LOCATION: Sheppey, Sheerness, Sittingbourne, Gillingham, Leysdown
To be suitable for this role you must be a maintenance engineer working on pumps, control systems mainly mechanically biased with some basic electrical. You must have a full driving licence and access to your own transport.
The role is permanently based on the Isle of Sheppey, easily accessibility by car from anywhere on the island, Sittingbourne, Gillingham, Bobbing areas.
The plant is new and coming fully online over the next few weeks with production growing over the next 3 – 6 months.
The plant contains pumps, air systems, pneumatics, motors, Scada based control systems as well as general equipment on site including a gas powered electrical generator set, telehandlers, buildings, canteens, offices etc.
The role is generally days, however, the plant runs 24 hours per day 7 days per week – one week in 5 you will be on call and need to get to the plant within 30 minutes hence the need for a full driver’s licence and access to your own transport.
- Set up - the plant is coming fully online over the next few weeks so there will be a lot of commissioning, checking, trouble shooting and fault finding up until the plant is fully running.
- Daily checks including sampling, noting pressure, temperatures, PH etc.
- Daily walk around of the plant looking for any obvious issues – noisy motors, hot bearings, leaks, staining, electrical issues, anything out of the ordinary.
- Periodic maintenance, mostly on the mechanical systems.
- Breakdown repair on machinery, on site plant and associated offices etc.
- Call out – 24 hours, 7 days a week – currently will be one week in every 5 which will reduce over time. The plant has a remote monitoring and control system. If it alarms out of hours you will be notified, you may be able to fix the issue remotely or you may need to go to the site, usually caused by a breakdown.
To be suitable for this post you must have a mechanical maintenance background, full drivers’ licence, not mind occasionally getting very mucky and grubby.
Contact: In the first instance please send your CV to Derrick Armstrong
All vacancies advertised are based in the UK. It is unlawful to employ a person who does not have permission to live and work in the UK and we will therefore only consider applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the EU.
Accord Management Services are UK based Recruitment specialists, placing experienced professionals across all industry sectors.
The services Accord provides are those of an employment agency.