POSITION: Sales Account Manager – Water Treatment Cooling Towers
SALARY £28,200 - £36,300 basic plus commission, bonus, company vehicle, good pension scheme, prospects for career growth
LOCATION: Swindon, Reading, Milton Keynes, Enfield, Oxford, Winchester, Hants, Surrey, Sussex, Oxon, Bedfordshire, Middlesex
To be suitable for this role you must have experience of sales, new business generation or account management within the water treatment industry preferably with experience of taking samples from boilers and cooling towers for onsite chemical analysis.
If you are truly ambitious and want to grow a career within water treatment then this may be the post you have been looking for.
The company need to free up one of their senior managers time, business has been growing very rapidly and as a good manager will do, they have pitched in and lifted some of the work load from the team to keep client satisfaction at 100%, unfortunately that does not stop their own work from building up.
Your role will include:
- Taking over and running a set of very well established, well run accounts, initially you will be working with the boss being introduced to all the relevant decision makers, then you will need to complete a full review with the client looking at current services, chemicals, remedial works, contracts, ACOP L8 Risk Assessments, competitor activity etc., asking the normal, what else, where else, who else questions, with a view to maximising the opportunities with the established accounts.
- Account Management, looking at the results of the ACOP L8 risk assessments, results from the laboratory samples and feed back from the water treatment engineers or customer concerns, booking appointments to discuss with the client and any other interested parties, providing quotes, technical backup, closing for the work, booking in the water treatment team, arranging site access, relevant permits to work, any required chemicals or parts, occasionally overseeing the work, completing quality control, health and safety checks.
- Hands on, often completing an element of hands on work including taking samples from boilers or cooling towers, completing on site chemical analysis, re dosing or ordering up remedials or flushing when required.
- Business generation, mostly from your existing accounts, from company generated leads, exhibitions or enquiries but occasionally you may spot a potential opening. You will need to book appointments, complete a needs assessment, full presentation, quote and close. New business may be for a relatively small test to start with which you can build on.
- Water treatment, from time to time everyone in the business goes back to being hands on for a short stint usually during very busy periods and can include temperature testing, water sampling, shower head cleans, TMV testing, tank cleans and chlorination, cooling tower cleans, deep disinfections, overhauls, minor plumbing etc.
To be suitable for this role you must have experience of sales within the water treatment industry, either Account Management, New Business Generation, Service Manager, Operations Manager.
You may have experience selling water sampling, temperature testing, TMV installation or servicing, remedial works, tank room surveys, pipework surveys, tank cleans, chlorination, cooling tower deep cleans, deep disinfection, ACOP L8 Risk Assessments, shower head cleans etc., water softener installs, reverse osmosis, UV.
Contact: In the first instance please contact Derrick Armstrong
All vacancies advertised are based in the UK. It is unlawful to employ a person who does not have permission to live and work in the UK and we will therefore only consider applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the EU.
Accord Management Services are UK based Recruitment specialists, placing experienced professionals across all industry sectors.
The services Accord provides are those of an employment agency.